Happy first week of October! We are delighted to have Sonia Ossorio, President of the National Organization for Women New York (NOW), join Carrie Sheffield as a guest co-host this week. Grab your pumpkin spice latte and join them as they dive into the Kavanaugh developments, midterms and more! Watch live tomorrow at 10AM ET on Facebook and Periscope.
*Update: Watch the full episode here*
Our hosts will first be joined by Vanessa Wruble, Founder of the Women’s March On Washington, to talk about the Kavanaugh investigation and hearings.
Have you heard Brandon Straka’s #WalkAway story? Brandon was a life-long Democrat until following the 2016 election, he decided he identified with the Republican Party. Straka joins Pete Holmberg, a Republican New York Senate candidate, who also began to identify as a Republican shortly after the 2016 election. Together they will discuss Holmberg’s run for New York State Senate and the political climate as we head into midterms.
Lastly, for our Bookstr segment, we are excited to welcome Soraya Chemaly. Soraya is the author of “Rage Becomes Her: The Power of Women’s Anger.” Her new book explains the social construct behind expressing anger and how men and women are perceived differently when they express it.
- Sonia Ossorio — President, National Organization for Women New York (Guest Host)
- Vanessa Wruble — Co-Founder & Executive Director, March On and Founder, Women’s March On Washington
- David Boaz — Executive Vice President, The Cato Institute
- Chase Winder — Utah Senate District 2 Republican Nominee
- Duvalier Malone — Author, “Those Who Give A Damn: A Manual For Making a Difference”
- Stephen Hicks — Senior Scholar, The Atlas Society
- Brandon Straka — #WalkAway Campaign Founder
- Pete Holmberg — Candidate, New York State Senate
- Claudia Rosett — Foreign Policy Fellow, Independent Women’s Forum
- Soraya Chemaly — Director, Women’s Media Center Speech Project & Author, “Rage Becomes Her: The Power of Women’s Anger”
Editors Note: Independent Women’s Forum is a Bold Sponsor.