How is Fathers’ Day a different experience for people of various classes, races and backgrounds? Join our hosts Carrie Sheffield and Clay Aiken live on Facebook and Periscope at 10am ET as they discuss this topic and more.
*Update: Watch our full episode here or on our Facebook page*
In our headlines segment, we’ll get Carrie and Clay’s takes on the shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise and the reactions/media surrounding it. We’ll also meet some of our guests: comedian Tom Shillue and political commentator Krystal Ball will share their new books and discuss Fathers’ Day, Special Counselor Mueller’s investigation into potential obstruction of justice by President Trump and more.
We’ll then welcome John Burnett, author, businessman, and professor, and Rev. Darryl K. Webster, who will discuss the ways that poverty can complicate fatherhood. They’ll cue us into how the African-American community, incarceration and parenting intersect in several ways.
Our show will wrap up with the heartwarming story of Gobi the dog and his owner, Dion Leonard. Dion and Gobi met during an ultramarathon across the Gobi Desert, when the then-stray dog kept pace with Dion for nearly 80 miles. Their tale is the subject of Dion’s book, “Finding Gobi,” which will soon be hitting the big screen!
Check out the full guest list here, and be sure to tune in tomorrow morning to Bold TV!
- Tom Shillue, Comedian and Author of “Mean Dads for a Better America”
- Krystal Ball, Founder of People’s House Project, and Author of “Reversing the Apocalypse: Hijacking the Democratic Party to Save the World”
- John Burnett, Black Enterprise Contributor and Political Commentator
- Rev. Darryl K. Webster, Pastor
- Adam Spera, Content Producer at Bookstr
- Dion Leonard, Ultramarathon Runner and Author of “Finding Gobi“
- Gobi, Dog
Remember to join the conversation with questions and comments on Facebook at 10am ET!
Photo by oneselfsacrifice