Happy Thursday! Get ready for another episode of Bold TV! This week Bold friend Annafi Wahed, founder of The Flip Side, is joining our host Carrie Sheffield to cover this week’s political headlines, like Robert Mueller’s public statement and resignation. The director of the new movie “The Pursuit” will be joining us — you don’t want to miss tomorrow’s show! Tune in live Friday at 10AMET on Facebook and Periscope and join the conversation!
“The Pursuit” is a new documentary covering economist Arthur Brooks’ journey to “lift up the world together, starting with those at the margins of society.” The film’s director, John Papola, will join our hosts to tell us more about it.
We’ll also hear from Rabbi Irwin Kula, the president of the National Jewish Center For Learning and Leadership and co-founder of the Disruptive Innovation Awards. Kula will discuss his book, “Yearnings: Embracing the Sacred Messiness of Life,” as well as his spiritual entrepreneurship program which is in partnership with Columbia Business School.
We’ll also discuss affordable health care options with Independent Women’s Forum’s Kara Jones. Additionally, we’ll be joined by Ximena Barreto, business development director and political advisor at Engineered Tax Services, to talk about the “Widow’s Tax,” which is causing debate among military families.
- Annafi Wahed — Guest Host
- Daniel Morchy — Political Commentator
- Ximena Barreto — Business Development Director & Political Advisor, Engineered Tax Services
- Rabbi Irwin Kula — President, National Jewish Center For Learning and Leadership & Co-Founder, Disruptive Innovation Awards
- Kara Jones — Visiting Fellow, Independent Women’s Forum
- Dion J. Pierre — Research Associate, National Association of Scholars
- John X. Miller — Senior Editor, Colleges, Commentary & HBCUs, The Undefeated
- John Papola — Director, “The Pursuit”
Editor’s Note: Independent Women’s Forum and Engineered Tax Services are Bold TV sponsors.
Photo Credit: The Pursuit